Monday, September 15, 2014

Happy 60th Ron!

 My friend Ron celebrated his 60th birthday in Toronto last week and my gift to him was the cake.

 Ron has a larger than life personality and a joie de vivre that he shares with everyone he meet.  I wanted to make a cake to reflect this.

 I decided a film strip of his life over the past six decades might suit. I made three 9"x13" slab cakes and each one featured two decades of Ron. I cut the boards, reattached the cut piece for transport and when I got to the venue of the party, I removed the removable bits to put them all together as one cake.

And here is the finished product. What an adventure! Travelling 5 hours in 30C and then putting it together was just nuts but I wouldn't have traded it for the world. Happy birthday to you, dear Ron!

2 comments:

Evlyn said...

Your cakes are always fabulous works of Art, but this one is truly amazing. The idea of the film strip is terrific. How could anyone eat such a great cake?

Knatolee said...

AMAZING cake!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails