Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The End of the Snow...Finally

Last weekend was probably the last time we'll be able to play in the snow. And drag out wood on the toboggan.

 It's also the best time to spot the baby spruce I planted last spring.

 Planted when we suffered a major drought and high heat, I feared not many of the two dozen seedlings I planted would actually make it through the year.

But they did! Most were buried all winter in our tons of snow and only in the last week or so did they appear.


As soon as the snow is gone, and I expect by this weekend for it to be history, they'll be harder to spot. Lucky I marked them all with bright orange tape!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I love to see new trees growing. We live right across from a tree-farm. Your new trees will always be special to you. Hey...see ya tomorrow :)

toko baju muslim said...

It’s exactly what I was looking nice job for posting this.Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails