Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sushi 101

 My friend Claire invited me over for a sushi lesson.

 She had cooked some sticky rice and placed it on a piece of dry seaweed.

 Then she placed some fake crab sliced in lengths...

 She added some sliced cucumbers and peppers too.

 Then she squished it all down and started to roll it up.


 She kept squishing and kept rolling it all together so it would stick. And it did!

We tried it with sliced mango and smoked salmon and other variations and after topping it all with some fish roe and a few glasses of wine, the sushi looked pretty good.
It tasted great too!





1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

Thank you for this post. I bought the bamboo roller thingy and the seaweed some time ago and put them in the cabinet and there they sit, you have inspired me to get going with my attempts at sushi.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails