Friday, August 10, 2012

Helping a Little Critter

I found this poor butterfly with a broken wing alongside the road when I picked up my mail. It had been hit by a car and its wing was broken. When I picked it up, it was still alive and walked on my finger. Since it was pouring rain, I decided to place it under a footstool near my front door, where it was dry and sat it on some nice moss.


I brought it a flower to rest on. When I checked on it later on in the afternoon, it had died. It made me sad to see something so beautiful and ephemeral pass away like that, but I am happy that I gave it a nice place to rest instead of the hot, wet concrete of the road.

2 comments:

Evlyn said...

It is sad to see these beautiful creatures get broken and die. A butterfly flew into my windshield once when I was driving and when I stopped, I saw that it was still alive. Like you, I put it in a nicer place - a patch of wildflowers - to pass away. Funny how important that is.

David said...

Ronna, this is so sweet. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails