Friday, February 24, 2012

Calico Corners

My sister has renamed my house Calico Corners.


It seems that most of the wild cats around here are calico. Nutmeg was born in a box on my storage shelves behind my house in 1999. She looks just like her mum did.


 Cookie and her sister Oreo (who is black and white), showed up in 2001.



In 2006 or so, this pair of lovelies showed up. My friends in Montreal adopted them and called the little red guy Jack and his calico sister Jill.


And just this past weekend, little Miss Cupcake showed up in my barn. She's a pastel calico or tortoiseshell. I don't know that she'll ever actually be MY cat, as she's so shy and hides from me, but at least she gets good grub every once and a while.


5 comments:

Elaine said...

Beautiful cats. Little Miss Cupcake looks gorgeous, very pretty markings and an adorable black nose. I hope she settles down and starts to trust you.

Jenny said...

Miss Cupcake is a lovely colour. She will be appreciating the food and shelter, even if she's too nervous for pats. Seems appropriate that your cats should have interesting markings since you love colourful designs.

Deb said...

Beautiful cats, Ronna. I have had 2 calicos in my lifetime and they had a lot of cattitude. Our Cali is a pastel calico and heading into her 19th year with us. I think Cupcake will come around. You start calling her by name and she'll love the name so much she'll cave. Some just take longer than others to trust. At least she is eating and the weather is getting a bit warmer. Did you know that if you find a male calico they are worth thousands$$? Good luck with that. ;-)

Lauren from MA said...

Awesome! I love their fluffiness.

Knatolee said...

Love the new name for your place. It's perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails