Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nutmeg Immortalized

I've had a lot of cats in my life but I definitely have a soft spot for Nutmeg. She was born 12 years ago, on a shelf on our back porch and out of a litter of five, my late father chose her for us to keep. She's the shyest cat I've ever had and sleeps on my hip at night. Yes, she's spoiled.


At our last art show, artist extraordinaire Natalie Rowe, asked if we could trade. Trade?! I was ecstatic! I always wanted one of Nat's hooked rugs. And even better? She offered to do one to look like one of my cats. I chose Nutmeg who is a remarkably beautiful calico. (And yes, all my cats are beautiful...I did have to choose ONE though, right?)
To see Natalie's fun blog, where she writes about her own animals as well as her art, click here: Knatolee's World.
Thanks Natalie. I love my Nutmeg ruglet!

8 comments:

Knatolee said...

Aw, thank you Ronna! Of course, the REAL Nutmeg wins the cuteness contest. She has such a sweet round little face.

Marcia said...

Cute... both in real life and in art!

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

It's wonderful! Lucky Nutmeg. Not everyone gets to have their portrait done.

Grumpy Penguin said...

Wow. That's fantastic! I think you have inspired Sarah... :)

Linda Starr said...

How beautiful in person and in a hooked rug.

frannie said...

Love 'em both!

Karen in FL said...

What a beautiful rug! So lucky!!!

Susan Williamson said...

What a fabulous, fabulous calico and ruglet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails