Monday, February 7, 2011

Decadent Chocolate Cake

I made a chocolate cake, gluten-free and non-dairy for friends coming for Super Bowl last night. I didn't like how the cake looked -- kind of flat and dull, so I cut it up into hearts with a cookie cutter. The scraps? I rolled them up and put them onto lollipop sticks and dipped them in white chocolate with drizzle of dark. I saw the idea for cake pops at this fabulous blog: cake-ology.ca. The original idea came from Bakerella who put out the book Cake Pops.

5 comments:

Knatolee said...

So impressive. It almost makes me want to watch football. ALMOSt! :)

Lauren said...

Ronna, these are inspired! FYI, I often make a rolled chocolate cake that I realized a few weeks ago when we had a guest who was, unknown to me, on a gluten-free diet. It has only eggs and chocolate and sugar. Sometimes I roll it and sometimes I just put it into a spring-form pan and let it puff up. I put whipped cream on top, but you could easily do something dairy-free, too. The recipe is in Epicurious called Lighter than air cake!

Marcia said...

Excellent~ my sister is sooo smart!

Jack D'Mestiere said...

I'll say it before Addison. What are you doing in the country, darling?

Addison Dewitt said...

Eating a lot of cake from what I can see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails