Friday, June 4, 2010

Oodles of Lupins

In 2003, I bought two packages of lupin seeds in Oregon.


Every year I spread more of the seeds and now I have lupins all around the house. The biggest lupin bed is in the middle of the field.


The bees particularly love the lupins' sweet scent.


I'm not sure they're all the same seeds. These blue ones are partially white.


And in the middle of the pile is a purple and yellow lupin.


These pink ones are likely from a bunch of seeds my dad got me in the Maritimes some years back.



And I have no idea where this smattering of white lupins appeared from.


The purple ones are varying shades of purple and blue. Aren't they all so pretty?

3 comments:

Jack D'Mestiere said...

And, they fix nitrogen from the air!

Knatolee said...

They are so gorgeous!!! I love lupines.

frannie said...

"Hand over your lupins!"
(Monty Python)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails