Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Art of Odile Tetu

An old friend of mine had an art show recently. I hadn't see her in years.


Odile Tetu is a talented painter and printmaker and is now living in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. Her vernissage and art show was held at the Skelly Gallery in St. Eugene, Ontario.


Some of her etchings depicted scenes in Battle Harbour, Labrador, a place I visited some ten or more years ago.


I pointed out the bake apples also known as cloudberries -- wild, golden berries that grow there in August. While I was in Labrador, I participated in a bake apple picking -- and later eating -- contest.


My cousin Len from New York State was visiting me during the show...


...and he very much enjoyed Odile's work.


And Richard was busy at work!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails