Monday, June 9, 2008

Oyster Plates

On Saturday, Richard and I went to the fantastic town-wide yard sale down the road from us in Vankleek Hill called Trash and Treasure. There certainly were tons of both. In all our meandering, I found these two oyster plates. The coloured one has an old marking on the back (not sure what it is). The white one has no marks. (And no, I'm NOT going to paint the white one--yet). I did some poking around on the internet and there is actually an Oyster Plate Collectors Society out there. Who'd have thunk it?
I've sent pictures of both these plates to them to see if they know the age or value of either. I just like them. Oysters anyone?

1 comment:

merlinprincesse said...

Send two oysters this way pleazzz! Yummy :))))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails