Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Planting Time

Traditionally the time to plant the garden, Victoria Day weekend is quickly approaching. Although the vegetable garden still needs turning over, the front flower beds can be tended to much more easily. I think I'll put in my gladiola bulbs. I bought some humdingers last year and look forward to seeing them bloom again.
But I think I'll wait on the really tender stuff. Somehow I still expect a frost...it happened once in June a few years back and nipped our tomato plants. You never know what to expect in spring, living in Canada, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice drawing Ronna! I'm also looking forward to planting but will wait another week.

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful!!! I love it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails