Monday, May 5, 2008

Back from Alberta

I've been off the grid since Thursday when Richard and I headed for a getaway to Alberta. It was fantastic! We flew to Calgary, rented a car and stayed in Canmore, about an hour or so west of Calgary, in the Rocky Mountains. We took day trips to Banff and Lake Louise, took tons of pictures, saw lots of wild animals and generally had a fantastic time.
In Calgary, we had lunch with a fellow I hadn't seen since Grade 6. He's living in Edmonton but serendipty was on our side, and he was in Calgary for a few days. Was FANTASTIC to see you George. Let's do it again! (And let's not wait another 35 years!!)

In Canmore and Banff, we talked to lots of people who told us about out-of-the-way places to visit. Richard and I saw lakes that were turquoise blue and remarkably, devoid of humans. Photos to follow. I haven't even pulled them off my camera yet so I've posted some pages from my travel journal. Tomorrow: photos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. what a spontaneous, fantastic thing to do! Love the drawings.

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Welcome back! Surprised you could pull yourself away from all that rugged beauty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails