Friday, March 21, 2008

Fabulous French Pastry

Inspired by the blog Paris Breakfasts in which the author travels the streets of Paris (and New York) in search of the ultimate delicious treat, I had to post my own personal brush with pastry greatness. On a trip to New York, I photographed (and ate) these exquisite delights purchased at Payard Patisserie & Bistro on Lexington Avenue. My next feat is to draw them. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just have to go back for another visit to get a better look at them...In the meantime, their website will have to suffice.

3 comments:

Susan Williamson said...

I can't wait to see your pastry drawings! Somehow there seems to be a magical connection between you and food. Have you ever seen the work of Wayne Thiebald? His specialty was painting portraits of pies and cakes.

Ronna said...

Sure, I love Thiebald's work. I can't wait to start drawing pastry!

craftyvox said...

I lovelovelovelove your cat header!!!!!!! I wish I could come up with something like that myself for my cat website!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails