Monday, January 28, 2008

Perfect End to a Perfect Day

Yesterday it was -3C and sunny. Richard and I spent the majority of it cutting and dragging wood which entails lots of time walking around in the woods. I love how the curious chickadees follow alongside you, flitting from tree to tree. I love walking along the snow-covered frozen brook and hearing it crack underfoot. I love the dazzling light and shadow play against the pine trees. And I really love the Bailey's Irish Cream, served with icicles as swizzle sticks, enjoyed in front of a roaring fire. A perfect day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea.. icicle swizzle sticks! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

I'll have what she's having!

Jack D'Mestiere said...

OK, the swizzle sticks are a nice idea. The whole dragging wood in the cold is like so, well...Canadian! Wait, eastern Canadian. Out west here we like a stiff belt rather than that Irish cream stuff...

And, of course, the real question is: Is your snow machine broken?

Newsman said...

First off, love the masthead!
And your latest work of art has no doubt set off a bidding frenzy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails