Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ravioli in Brown Butter

I saw this dish made by Giada De Laurentis on Everyday Cooking on the Food Network and I thought I'd give it a try. It was delicious. Our local store now sells fresh ravioli in various flavours. I bought the ones stuffed with Gorgonzola and walnut puree. But I think any type of ravioli would work.

Ravioli in Brown Butter
1 package ravioli, cooked as per instructions on package
2-4 tablespoons walnuts toasted (I added some pine nuts because I didn't have enough walnuts)
6 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
shaved Parmesan cheese

While ravioli is cooking, toast nuts until fragrant (watch as they burn easily).
Melt butter in a saucepan and cook over low heat until brown (about 5 minutes). Add vinegar. Drain ravioli and add to saucepan with butter and vinegar. Stir until coated. Serve topped with nuts and shaved Parmesan. Serves 2.

3 comments:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Brown butter makes everything better!Looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Looks great. I wanna come for dinner

uncertainvoyage said...

Mmmmn looks so delicious. I wonder if my three year old would try it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails