Saturday, April 28, 2007

Wild Blueberry & Orange Loaf


I am on the committee of the Glengarry Pioneer Museum, which is just down the road from me. Last night was their Annual General Meeting and along with speakers and music (from an 1856 Melodeon, no less), there was also a potluck supper. The recipe for this quick loaf has been pinned to my fridge for nearly a year so I finally had an excuse to try it.

I came home with an empty plate. Sixty-five museum attendees can't be wrong! (If you try it, drop me a line.)

1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup blueberries + 2 Tbsp. flour
1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. butter at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. orange peel (I used lemon peel)

I small bowl, toss together blueberries and 2 Tbsp. flour and set aside.
In medium bowl combine dry ingredients and set aside.
With electric mixer, beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add egg, orange juice and peel. On low, add dry ingredients and mix till well blended. Stir in blueberries.
Put in greased loaf pan and bake for 55 - 65 minutes at 350.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails