Saturday, April 21, 2007

Quadruple Chocolate Cake


I'm going to a dinner party tonight in Montreal and was asked to bring a cake. After much consideration of what I was going to create, I decided it was an adult party and therefore no dinosaurs or ninja turtles decorations (made out of 'too-sweet' icing) were called for.

Instead I came up with this: the cake is chocolate soaked in Kahlua. I poured a dark chocolate ganache on top (chocolate melted in whipping cream), then topped that with milk chocolate buttercream rosettes and in those I placed hand-dipped European chocolates.

I hope the guests at the party like chocolate!

2 comments:

uncertainvoyage said...

MMmmmmmmm. Do you take orders? I looks so yummy! Did they appreciate it?

Susan Williamson said...

Gosh, I wish I could take a bite out of this RIGHT NOW! Guess I'll have to settle for that left over chocolate Easter bunny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails