Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Homage to Dotti Potts


A few years back, when I told my friends Wendy and Judah (who live in Toronto) that Richard and I were going up to the Muskokas, they told me we had to go see Dotti Potts. Dotti Potts? Wendy said that their pottery was colourful and dotted (natch) and I'd love it.

So I downloaded a map (they are indeed in the Muskokas, near a place called Skeleton Lake) and off we went. What a treat! Sandra and Gavin Silberman are both lovely people and their porcelain is fantastic. I bought a small serving tray plus some small bowls and I use them all the time. I can't wait to get back there.

These artist trading cards are my homage to Dotti Potts. I used a 'window writer' (the kind you are supposed to use to draw snowflakes on the window) to make the dots so they'd be 3-D, just like they are on the real pots.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails